Sunday, May 15, 2011

Emotion Museum

  In the third session of our class we talked about different theories in environmental psychology such as Gestalt Theory or Cognitive Psychology. What I was interested in a lot was the part about human affect. Human affect related to emotion and it happens intuitively. It is our emotional response to the environment.




                                                    Fig 1. Emotion

  There are so many places which are built with the purpose of evoking emotion. Religious places like churches or mosques. They are built to evoke spirituality, or places like amusement parks which are built to evoke excitement.
  But what I am thinking about is designing a place in which people can experience different emotions at the same time. It can be called emotion museum. They can laugh, cry, shout or become angry related to the setting that we create.
  Actually it is hard to find a common means of happiness between people. Human beings are really complicated, and depend on people’s culture, religion and social rules their emotional response can be different. But as we are all human beings and we are living in the world that we call the global village, it will be very interesting to find more similarities between different people. Hence, designing a place in which people experience all emotions would be very exciting.
  People never lived in a way that we live today. By the use of internet we are more aware of what is happening in the world more than any other time in history. Therefore that would be exciting to settle a main language for all people  and maybe find the common means of experiencing different emotions.
  As a sculptor I am always thinking of creating art pieces that can affect people emotionally. For my bachelor degree I worked with the idea of jubilation and I created sculptures that give people a feeling of happiness. I did it by finding the common means of happiness among people which is childhood and games. I worked on Iranian traditional games. My sculptures received a positive response from audience, so I think I was successful in conveying my goal.


Reference

  Fig 1. Retrieved from http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment