Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crowd

   Crowd have wide range of meanings and related to people’s background it changes. It  relates to the number of people in a certain place. It can be the things that occupy your mind, or it can be just a feeling of crowd without any physical presence. I mean sometime just the mood you have, can give you the feeling of crowd. When you have a problem or you have a physical pain, you may feel crowd in a place that you never have had this feeling before.
                                             Fig 1. 

   The definition of crowd varies from culture to culture and country to country. Even people in the same country could have various meanings of crowded which is  related to the geographical situation that they live in. I cannot think of crowd without thinking of personal space. I believe that they are somehow connected to each other. For example when you live in a country like Japan in which every place is full of people so not only is your definition of crowd is different there but also your definition  of personal space. When people live in a less populated place, the number of people they meet in every place is less and they get used to having more personal space. So their personal space become bigger.

                                            Fig 2.

   People’s personalities can affect the meaning of crowd too. Two sisters who grow up in a same family have unique definitions and tolerances of crowd.  I myself have the experience of having different expectations of crowd. I always had my own place my own studio and I never shared my place with anybody. So when I came to the USA and I got a roommate I had a problem with her about having privacy and our tolerance of the crowd was different. Hence, I had a hard time to adapt myself to the new situation. But it is just a different definition of the same subject, isn’t it?


References

Fig 1. Retrieved from  http://www.CartoonStock.com
Fig 2. Retrieved from http://www.Clipartof.com

No comments:

Post a Comment